Saturday, July 9, 2011

Joining shapes

Here are a few more basic shapes.



These shapes plus the four shapes I have shared in my first post should be sufficient for most mehendi designs. So if you practice these shapes you are ready for most type of mehendi designing.


I am sure you are now very eager to learn the next steps. In this post I will discuss a simple way of combining the basic shapes to give you some simple yet interesting designs. You can chose the shapes randomly and join them. This is how I usually do it
  1. Start with any shape. 
  2. Attach this shape with any other shape. You should join two shapes such that they "attach" properly at their shared boundary. Look at the example in the image below for clarity. Note that you can increase or decrease the sizes of the shapes as needed.  
  3. Repeat the above two steps with different shapes.



The most important thing to keep in mind while joining these shapes is that you should maintain a consistent distance between them. This will give a perfect look to your design. Try creating your own designs again and again till you reach perfection in joining shapes. Below is another very simple design created by joining only four basic shapes.




Thats it for this post. In my next post I will upload some more examples of joining basic shapes.

Thanks


Like my facebook page to keep in touch with me. I will keep posting some of my mehendi designs.

Thanks :)